Progamer to Programmer

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

XD

I dropped by the used book store yesterday after paying the bills, and hit the mother lode! I walked away with the following books:


  • The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander (I've always wanted to read this one, but never got the opportunity)

  • The Call of the Wild by Jack Londer (The compliment to White Fang; one of my favorite books as a kid)

  • The Folk of the Fringe by Orson Scott Card (No need to explain :)

  • Pawns Prevail by Douglas Niles (Douglas Niles wrote the Moonshae trilogy, a Forgotten Realms book I read during high school. I picked it up because it was there!)

  • Shadowplay by Nigel Findley (This is a random Shadowrun book. I also picked it up because it was there)



The good part is the amazingly low price I got for all these books. I paid a total of (take a guess if you want) 142 Php! Incredible. I wonder how that bookstore stays in business. They still had a couple of David Eddings books on the shelf; I probably should have gotten more, but decided to leave some for the next guy. I'm happy enough as it is! XD

-----------

People seemed to enjoy the random link of last blog post more than the blog post itself, so here's another cool link (thanks to Coilnovaswarm) - http://urealms.wittywizard.com.

9 Comments:

  • Php42! i would've paid that amount for the osc book alone. nice haul! :D

    By Blogger JAm, at 7:35 PM  

  • 142 naman. :P

    42 would be.... portentious.

    By Blogger Celedor, at 9:28 PM  

  • HUWAW nag-a-update ka na pala talaga! Ba't mo kinalat yung XKCD, sikret ko lang yun! :(( Jowk!

    P142... sheesh!

    By Blogger Dani, at 4:43 AM  

  • Wowowow! =D

    * Black Cauldron -- series nga pala yan.. di ko pa nababasa, pero syempre, familiar ako dahil sa DOS-game na ala Space Quest =D

    * Folk of the Fringe! -- nakabili din ako sa Diplomat-Olivarez-LB nito! Per di ko pa nababasa.. =p Kasabay ko nabili, Nemesis ni Asimov.. =D

    By Blogger Nikki!, at 9:18 PM  

  • @Dani: Blogging is just like a ball. Once you get the ball rolling, its a giant hamster ball!

    @Niks: Pahiram ng Nemesis (once you're done and I'm done with all the books I got). Black Cauldron the book is quite different from the game. And did you know there's also an old Disney movie based on the book?

    By Blogger Celedor, at 2:42 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Rain, at 9:56 AM  

  • You misspelled London (Jack London). :D

    Call of the Wild is a great book. I even wrote a term paper on it back in High School. Hehe.

    Buck did not read the newspapers, for if he did...

    (Big typo in previous comment, so I deleted it)

    By Blogger Rain, at 9:59 AM  

  • "@Niks: Pahiram ng Nemesis (once you're done and I'm done with all the books I got)."

    Tapos na ako! =D


    "Black Cauldron the book is quite different from the game. And did you know there's also an old Disney movie based on the book?"

    Yeah, I'd expect it to be different -- may book 1 nga pala ako nyan (The Book of Three). =p Saka may nabasa na rin ako somewhere tungkol sa Disney Movie (nung naghahanap yata ako ng background info online tungkol sa Black Cauldron) at sympre di ko pa napapanood (parang yung cartoon movie ng LotR). =p

    By Blogger Nikki!, at 11:04 PM  

  • Wow, great catch! I'm envious of all of those (except the London). The followup books to the Black Cauldron deserve reading (it's just 2nd of 5).

    By Blogger Gaebril, at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home