Progamer to Programmer

Monday, January 15, 2007

New Year's Resolution

One of my resolutions was to blog more often (weekly, to give a concrete number). I'm starting a bit late.

This year promises to be an interesting one, with so many things to do and pursue. For one thing, I managed to obtain a copy of FL Studio, which is a music editor. Its a lot more complex than the MIDI editors I used to play with some years back, namely because you have a lot more control over the sounds that you generate. There are tons of synthesizers and filters that you can use to make the sounds you want! I'm having problems arranging the songs into measurable units, and I should look into developing the song alongside a MIDI editor to simplify the process. I hope to have a song out soon.

Next is the way the DOTA scene is currently developing. Philippine DOTA is improving a lot, and we're seeing a lot of new playing styles. Its now common to see a 3-1-1 lane deployment in games, and a wider range of heroes are being used. Perhaps the biggest change would be the trend of tournaments held in the AP Drafting style (Singapore rules). I would very much like to be at the top, or near it, but I'm pretty happy in the middle, trying to climb higher.

I've also come across a copy of A Game of Thrones, which is the first book of the Song of Ice and Fire (only 70 Php - booksales rock!). Its a good book, and the character personalities are colorful and defined at the outset. The plot ends up twisting this way and that, but that's all part of the fun. Can't wait to get my hands on the second book.

So there, the first post of the year. Not as good as I'd like it to be, but the only way to start is to just do it.

5 Comments:

  • Oohlala it's New Year's revolution for your blog if you do post that regularly. I was thinking of the same resolution but I changed it.

    Anyway I also just finished reading the Game of Thrones and I enjoyed it a lot. One thing I liked about it is that the characters are much less fixated on women that Jordan's characters are. Hehe. Was going to blog about this but lazy as I am you beat me to it. Anyway I've been looking for a copy of the second book but so far I've haven't had any success. Tell me if you find a place to buy it. Wala sa Powerbooks sa Glorietta at sa National eh. :-(

    By Blogger Hannah Grace, at 9:04 PM  

  • I guess the other half of the resolution should be to reply to any blog comments posted. ^^;;

    I'm not sure what you mean about fixation on women... Do you mean the males are not as girl-crazy? It certainly has a lot more sex than WoT. :P

    As to where the books may be found, I have no idea. I know someone who has books 2-4, and I can get an e-copy if you want it.

    By Blogger Celedor, at 8:16 AM  

  • Hey, you're back! Apparently I also have the first three books of Song of Ice and Fire so I'll give that a shot too. ^_^

    Do Jordan's males appear to be girl-crazy? Hmmm...

    By Blogger Gaebril, at 11:30 PM  

  • [gaeb]
    at least the males aren't, you know, boy-crazy.

    [cels]
    you know what's an even better experience when playing dota? playing against an organized team while your teammates are incessantly screaming "TAENA MO SUMUPORTA KAAA!!!" at the top of their lungs -- and still win.


    is the music editor up for download anywhere for free?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 AM  

  • [gaeb]
    Wow. I just managed to get the second book.

    [jem]
    Umm.. FL Studio can be downloaded from the site itself. Although it only provides the demo version which doesn't allow you to save. Or if you prefer, I can give you a copy next we meet.

    By Blogger Celedor, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home