Progamer to Programmer

Sunday, October 31, 2004

All Saint's...

Yay! I actually get a small mention in Sacha's blog. ^_^
------
I've been trying to resolve a ServerSocket problem I've been having. It appears that the fault is in Microsoft Windows - they have limited the TCP backlog queue to only 5 in the Home edition of Windows XP; Giving me a lot of unexplained failures. At least now I know how to explain them. :)
------
My sister arrived today from China! It's a bit surprising how happy I was to see her. The last time I remember feeling like this was back when I was in grade school. Too bad she forgot to get a Go-ban (Go board). It would have been fun to play a 19x19 game that wasn't on a computer screen. Oh well, she goes back on January. I will need to pester her then. =)
------
It's so hard to work away from my "Home PC". All I've managed to do is browse the net and do some reading and research (... and blog). I've read through some parts of the JMX Specification. Surprisingly, it all flows logically now! The last time I tried it, it seemed like some parts had to be memorized... But now, no need to commit anything to memory, since you can simply reason it out. Cool.
------
I have to remember to go through the USACO training course. I want to achieve yellowness, (hopefully even redness), by next year. Then maybe I will actually be qualified to coach in next year's ACM. I'd still rather play than coach. Heh.
------
Finally getting over my horrendous performance at the TCO Finals. It's still an unforgivable sin. But I can at least live with it.

11 Comments:

  • Wow! Congratulations! We're not worthy. :)

    Got your link from Sacha's blog.

    Would you like to join my tech blog aggregator? http://pinoytechscene.mparaz.com. Please email me at mparaz@gmail.com.

    By Blogger Miguel, at 8:22 AM  

  • hi, congratulations! got your blog url from migs paraz -- i'm joey alarilla, contributing editor and infotech columnist of inq7.net (the online news company of the phil. daily inquirer and gma 7).

    i'd like to feature you, so if you have time to answer a few questions via e-mail, pls e-mail me at joeyalarilla@gmail.com.

    thanks!

    By Blogger Joey Alarilla, at 4:51 PM  

  • Hi, Celsus!
    I got the link from Sacha's blog. Anyhow, you're from Garnet '98, right? I am from Batch '97.

    Anyhow, Go-bans are available in the country. Plastic, though. My sister has one at home. She bought it in SM Centerpoint for less than Php200.

    Do drop by http://eclair.bizhat.com/blog or http://www.livejournal.com/users/eclair

    Ja ne!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:32 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Frank, at 9:33 PM  

  • celsus!!! daaaamn!! WCG, TC, what's next? you da man!!!

    By Blogger Frank, at 9:52 PM  

  • ACM, Frank.. ACM..

    By Blogger Nikki!, at 11:06 PM  

  • I don't understand those, but you are doing great, despite the fact that it took you a long time to graduate. =) It reminds me that I have to get my passport this month or the next...

    Congratulations Celsus!!!

    By Blogger Ardythe Santos, at 8:20 PM  

  • MAN, you ARE the MAN.

    How come I never got any news regarding this? I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to your SMS. You're big time now dude.

    Anyway, have fun dude. Help train the next generation. :D

    CHill...

    By Blogger Dean Berris, at 9:35 PM  

  • hi celsus! you were once my housemate right?

    got your blog url from frank guevarra's blog.

    i'd like to link you in my blog. if that's okay woth you. ^_^

    congrats cel! tekken tourney naman salihan natin next time!

    jaa.

    By Blogger JAm, at 3:08 AM  

  • Like the CO said, I don't understand it, but it sounds impressive.. hehe.. congrats!!

    By Blogger alekos, at 12:55 AM  

  • Congratulations Celsus!

    We'll pray for your victory.
    Btw, thanks for the non-immigrant visa application interview tips.
    Sana matrain mo rin yung juniors para sa ACM. Kelangan namin kayo. Congrats ulit!

    By Blogger Headmaster Cid, at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home